As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Businesses like inns, and taverns were some of the first restaurants and date back to ancient Greece and Rome. For a long time restaurants catered to travellers, but in 1921 White Castle opened the first fast food restaurant in Wichita, Kansas.
Although White Castle was the first to open such a restaurant, McDonald’s was the first to use the ‘assembly-line’ system in their restaurants that opened in 1955 in Des Plaines, Illinois. Since then places like Burger King, Taco Bell, and Wendy’s opened up restaurant chains in the 50s and 60s.
People go to fast food places because it is a way to get a quick meal when they don’t have the time, while they are travelling, or they are just too tired to go home to make food. However, the fast food chains have been attacked for serving unhealthy foods to customers but some fast food chains now have salads and whole grain buns to accommodate the health concerns that customers had and still have.
Fast Food Quotes
- “Now, occasionally I will still have that quarter pounder because I love fast food, but you have to keep it to a minimum.” – Aretha Franklin
- “Don’t run. I never liked fast food.” – Rachel Caine
- “Fast food is popular because it’s convenient, it’s cheap, and it tastes good. But the real cost of eating fast food never appears on the menu.” – Eric Schlosser
- “At some point, they are going to have to knock a hole in the side of the wall and throw the rotisserie chicken out as you drive by.” – Harry Balzer (food industry analyst)
- “Fast food may appear to be cheap food and, in the literal sense it often is, but that is because huge social and environmental costs are being excluded from the calculations.” – Prince Charles
- “Fries and fortune… The perfect combination.” – Danika Stone, All the Feels
- “Society is fast – fast food, fast cars, fast everything.” – B. J. Armstrong
- “Neapolitans have always had their fast food. It’s called pizza.” – Luciano De Crescenzo
- “The problem is when that fun stuff becomes the habit. And I think that’s what’s happened in our culture. Fast food has become the everyday meal.” – Michelle Obama
- “People don’t want to get out of their cars to get dinner.” – Harry Balzer (food industry analyst)
- “Nobody loses weight eating anyplace with laminated menus.” – Jacob M. Appel, ‘Scouting for the Reaper’
- “If I’m going to eat fast food, I’m going to McDonald’s. I don’t need to pretend.” – Chrissy Teigen
- “I don’t eat fast food, but I can’t live without pizza.” – Trevor Donovan
- “McDonald’s being the official restaurant of the Olympics is like smoking being the official medicine of cancer.” – Robert Downey, Jr.
- “I don’t like to eat snails. I prefer fast food.” – Roger von Oech, ‘A Kick in the Seat of the Pants’ (1996)
- “Like many other chef-entrepreneurs, I am convinced that fast food does not mean bad food.” – Andrew Zimmern
- “When you see the cows go into McDonalds you know that their beef burgers are fresh.” – Anthony T.Hincks
- “If you’re out, and starving, and need a bite to eat, then you need fast food.” – Nicholas Hoult
- “Fast food is both evil and genius. Because of it we can feed a large number of people fairly decently at an affordable price. However, all the artificial flavors and artificial ingredients in some of their products are unacceptable. And it’s designed so you can eat fast so you get back to work more quickly. Not good.” – Eric Ripert
- “We think fast food is equivalent to pornography, nutritionally speaking.” – Steve Elbert
- “If a wave of veganism washed over the land, in six months there would be Broccoli Kings, Taco Bell Peppers, and McTofu Drive-Thrus.” – Brian Wansink
- “You do not buy Taco Bell, you rent Taco Bell and then return it to its ecosystem with a couple of flushes.” – Chuck Wendig
- “McDonald’s revolutionized fast food. They introduced a way to eat food without knives, forks or plates. Most fast foods can be eaten while steering the wheel of a car and the restaurants are usually drive through.” – Eric Schlosser
- “If you only design menus that are essentially junk or fast food, the whole infrastructure supports junk.” – Jamie Oliver
- “Prepared and fast foods have given us the time and freedom to see cooking as an art form, a form of creative expression.” – Jeff Smith
- “The journey of a thousand pounds begins with a single burger.” – Chris O’Brien
- “I’d been eating fast food all my life without thinking about it. And the more I learned about the subject, the more intrigued I became.” – Eric Schlosser
- “For the first time in the history of the world more people will die from overeating than undereating this year.” – Michael R. Bloomberg
- “I used to love fast food because I had no money, and I was a struggling actor.” – Eva Mendes
- “Get people back into the kitchen and combat the trend toward processed food and fast food.” – Andrew Weil
- “It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.” – Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald’s franchise
- “A generation ago, three-quarters of the money used to buy food in the United States was spent to prepare meals at home. Today about half of the money used to buy food is spent at restaurants, mainly at fast food restaurants.” – Eric Schlosser
- “I’m a healthy eater, but I don’t consider Chick-fil-A fast food.” – Kehlani
- “In terms of fast food and deep understanding of the culture of fast food, I’m your man.” – Bill Gates
- “McDonald’s is a people business, and that smile on that counter girl’s face when she takes your order is a vital part of our image.” – Ray Kroc
- “We live in an age when pizza gets to your home before the police.” – Jeff Arder
- “The American political system is like fast food – mushy, insipid, made out of disgusting parts of things and everybody wants some.” – P.J. O’Rourke
- “I like my shame straight up and honest, and nobody does it better than In-N-Out Burger. You go to In-N-Out Burger, and they ask you the most shameful question in fast food. ‘I’ll have a burger, fries and a Coke.’ ‘Will you be eating in the car?’ ‘Yeah. I think so.’“ – Tom Segura
- “Sorry, I don’t eat any fast food. I believe in eating healthy organic foods for a better lifestyle.” – Keegan Allen
- “Fast food also has a uniquely difficult business structure for workers to achieve better wages and working conditions.” – David Rolf
- “Believe it or not, American eat 75 acres of pizza a day.” – Boyd Matson, TV journalist
- “I don’t know any chef who doesn’t like fast food.” – Paul Hollywood
- “When fast food is not a treat but a dietary staple, the children surf the internet all day in dark corners of the room and are bombarded with latest gadgets. Things replace parental standards.” – Diane Abbott
- “By eating many fruits and vegetables in place of fast food and junk food, people could avoid obesity.” – David H. Murdock
- “If you think fast food is hittin a deer att 65 miles per hr.. you might be a redneck” – Jeff Foxworthy
- “We were taken to a fast food café where our order was fed into a computer. Our hamburgers, made from the flesh of chemically impregnated cattle, had been broiled over counterfeit charcoal, placed between slices of artificially flavored cardboard and served to us by recycled juvenile delinquents.” – Jean Michel Chapereau
- “We have sold ourselves into a fast food model of education, and it’s impoverishing our spirit and our energies as much as fast food is depleting our physical bodies.” – Ken Robinson
- “If we can have a fast food restaurant on almost every corner, then we can certainly have a garden.” – Bill de Blasio
- “Being on the road is no excuse for having a poor diet. I don’t like fast food, but if I have to, I’ll order three plain grilled chicken sandwiches and throw out the buns.” – Triple H
- “One of the reasons we eat fast food is that we don’t have to cook fast food. We are out-sourcing cooking to corporations, they tend to cook with far too much salt, fat, and sugar.” – Michael Pollan
- “Often it is hard not to agree that we are becoming culinary nitwits, dependent upon fast foods and mass kitchens and megavitamins for our basically rotten nourishment.” – M.F.K. Fisher
- “When we get in late and the only thing open is fast food, it can be tough to maintain a healthy diet.” – Mike Trout
- “As women, we understand our bodies, and there’s a blossoming that occurs. We’re hungry for gourmet meals instead of the fast food. We bring to life a more expansive understanding of life, ourselves, and others. We are more generous and assertive.” – Sharon Stone
Eating fast food instead of cooking can save you time, effort and energy. Fast food is usually not as healthy as a home cooked meal depending on what you are ordering or making. Some people basically live off of fast food though and love it.
A lot of people just pull into a fast food restaurant because they don’t want to get out of their cars, but you don’t have to get out of your car to read or send these quotes either. These fast food quotes might be funny, they might be relatable with your thoughts and opinions or even gross you out.
I’m Jim Edwards and I started this website to share my love of Junk Food. We cover new junk food, desserts, snack foods, fast food secret menus, candy (of course!) and other related news. We love trying “secret menus” at restaurants. And we love trying new products too. So, we are trying to have some fun with our hobby and share some useful information with you, our community. Please feel to send us your suggestions and feedback through the contact form. And if you have products you would like us to try, let us know…!