Last Updated on March 23, 2022 by Jim Edwards
Appleheads are the cousins of Lemonheads and Grapehads. They are small apple flavored balls that are a little bit tart with a strong apple taste. If you like a bit of tart and not too sour, and like apple flavor, you will love these!
They are a tasty twist on Lemonhead candies – but with a powerful apple flavor instead of lemon. They have a hard sugar shell coating with a medium chewy candy center. This candy is fun, retro and perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth. It’s sweet, fruity and a little bit of pucker from the tart apple flavor.
Applehead candy is a bright yellow candy that has a tart, sour and sweet apple flavor.
Other Flavors in the Applehead Candy Family
Over time, fans wanted more flavors and now this brand come in a variety of flavors:
- Grapeheads: it is one of the oldest flavors of Ferrara candy. If you want to try a low-intensity sourness, go for chewy Grapeheads Candy. The non-chewy version will provide you the balanced sourness with extra sweetness.
- Cherryheads: if you love these candies and cherry flavor, this is a good sweet and slightly tart candy!
- Lemonheads: this flavor is the primary identity of sweet and sour candy. It also has more sourness compare to the sweet texture. Overall, it provides a breathtaking experience while licking the candy for a long time.
- Orangeheads: it provides more or less similar experiences to Lemonheads. It has a unique kind of sourness that makes it popular among children.
- Other flavors: Chewy Lemonheads Tropical, Chewy Lemonheads Fruit Mix, Chewy Lemonheads Flavor Fusers, and Lemonhead Gummies are the other flavors available in the market.
Applehead Nutrition Facts and Ingredients
In a box, Appleheads have:
Calories – 90
Fat- 0 g
Carbs – 22g
The main ingredients include sugar, corn syrup, lemon juice, different natural and artificial flavors, white mineral oil, and carnauba wax.
So, what are you waiting for, click and order your favorite Cherryheads?
Applehead Candy – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Who makes Appleheads?
Cherryheads are produced by the Ferrara Candy Company.
When were Appleheads Candy invented?
Cherryheads were first invented in 1962 and came out in the market that year.
What are the Ingredients in Applehead Candy?
Ingredients: Sugar, Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Confectioner’s Glaze (Shellac), Artificial Flavor, Acacia (Gum Arabic), Modified Food Starch (Corn), Apple Juice Concentrate, Carnauba Wax, Yellow 5, White Mineral Oil, Blue 1.
Video: Appleheads Review
Finally, if you like these, be sure to read our review of Cherryheads candy – it’s the same shape and taste, but with cherry flavor!
I’m Jim Edwards and I started this website to share my love of Junk Food. We cover new junk food, desserts, snack foods, fast food secret menus, candy (of course!) and other related news. We love trying “secret menus” at restaurants. And we love trying new products too. So, we are trying to have some fun with our hobby and share some useful information with you, our community. Please feel to send us your suggestions and feedback through the contact form. And if you have products you would like us to try, let us know…!