Last Updated on June 20, 2022 by Jim Edwards
What are Toxic Waste Sour Smog Balls?
Toxic Waste Sour Smog Balls are an extremely sour candy in the shape of spherical round balls.
They have a hard shell and a chewy and soft center, which make them stand out among sour candies. It is the only one we can think of with a hard shell and chewy soft inside, which adds an extra dimension to the texture and sourness as you eat them! If you like extremely sour candy, you will love these!
Toxic Waste Sour Smog Balls come in an assortment of flavors like cherry, strawberry, lime, blue raspberry, grape, to name a few.
thin outer shell. interior is chewy. But overall not that chewy. A couple chews to break up the outer shell and it is gone.
History of Toxic Waste Sour Smog Balls
The Toxic Waste Sour Smog Balls first came into existence in 2007.
Candy Dynamics Inc, an American company, owns and markets Toxic Waste Sour Smog Balls candies in the United States. The company is based in Indianapolis, Indiana. The Toxic Waste Sour Smog Balls were imported from Pakistan.
Toxic Waste candies are sold in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, and South Africa. The most attractive feature of the candy is its packaging. The product package resembles a novelty drum container. Different colored containers are containing multiple flavors.
Toxic Waste Sour Smog Balls are produced in Spain, Pakistan, and Brazil. Toxic Waste candies also include Goop, Hi-Voltage Bubblegum, Short Circuit Bubblegum, Nuclear Sludge, Mutant Gummy Worms, Toxic Waste Gum Balls, Sour Candy Sprays, and Slime Lickers.
A lot of the Toxic Waste candy variations have been banned in the United States. The FDA highlighted the presence of lead in high quantities in the candies. Moreover, the extreme sourness of the candies was declared as a health hazard, especially for children.
What is the Taste and Flavor of Toxic Waste Sour Smog Balls like?
- The original flavors are: lemon, apple, black cherry, blue raspberry, and watermelon.
- The purple drum contains these flavors: grape, blueberry, black cherry, and blackberry.
- The green drum contains these flavors: green apple, kiwi, green pear, lime, and melon.
- The red drum contains these flavors: cranberry, raspberry, strawberry, red pear, and red grape.
The Toxic Waste Sour Smog Balls have a hard shell. The insides are soft, chewy, and gooey. The Toxic Waste candies are said to be one of the sourest candies ever produced.
Consuming sour candies in excess can damage your enamel and burn your inner cheeks due to the presence of high amounts of citric acid. And we wrote a blog post about what makes sour candy sour, if you want to learn about the underlying food chemistry.
What are the ingredients in Toxic Waste Sour Smog Balls?
The ingredients in Toxic Waste Sour Smog Balls are corn syrup, sugar, Gum Arabic, citric acid, artificial flavors, and artificial colors (Blue 1, Yellow 5, Red 40).
Nutritional Facts for Toxic Waste Sour Smog Balls
The nutritional facts mentioned below are for a serving size of 100 grams.
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat (0 g)||0%|
|Saturated Fat (0 g)||0%|
|Trans Fat (0 g)||0%|
|Total Carbohydrates (92 g)|
|Dietary Fiber (0 g)||0%|
|Total Sugar (88 g)|
|Sodium (< 0.01 g)|
|Cholesterol (0 mg)||0%|
|Protein (0 g)||0%|
|Iron (0 mg)||0%|
|Calcium (0 mg)||0%|
|Vitamin A (0 mcg)||0%|
|Vitamin C (0 mcg)||0%|
Toxic Waste Sour Smog Balls Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many calories are there in Toxic Waste Sour Smog Balls?
Twenty-eight grams of Toxic Waste Sour Smog Balls contains 107 calories.
One hundred grams of Toxic Waste Sour Smog Balls contains 380 calories.
Are Toxic Waste Sour Smog Balls gluten-free?
Toxic Waste Sour Smog Balls are 100% gluten-free. The candies are safe for people who have Celiac Disease.
Are Toxic Waste Sour Smog Balls vegan?
Toxic Waste Sour Smog Balls may contain non-vegan ingredients. The candies may be vegetarian, but they are not vegan.
Who are the Toxic Waste Sour Smog Ball Characters?
There are a few:
- Hazmat the Lab Rat: Hazmat is a lab rat in Professor Sauernoggin’s lab. Hazmat was killed in a freak accident in the lab and the professor managed to revive him and he now has various bionic implants like a telescopic bionic eye and antenna for broadcasting what he is seeing back to the professor’s lab. Hazmat is an advocate for recycling and keeping the planet green.
- Professor Sauernoggin: He is a reclusive scientist who tinkers in his lab mixing radioactive isotopes. His secret mission was to find new ways to convert toxic waste products for useful purposes. The professor is very environmentally conscious. One day when he thought he was reaching for his coffee, he absentmindedly grabbed a beaker of Toxic potion. He realized his mistake as soon as he had taken a gulp but in an instant he transformed into a fireball – Mr. Toxie Head, who is a mushroom cloud!
- Mr Toxie Head: He wants to protect the environment. He is a human mushroom cloud that cares about the environment and he uses his super powers to fight against evil polluters and environmental enemies. Mr. Toxie Head is actually the alter-ego of Professor Sauernoggin.
Review of the Toxic Waste Sour Smog Balls Candy
If you want to see an unwrapping and a taste test, check out this video.
I’m Jim Edwards and I started this website to share my love of Junk Food. We cover new junk food, desserts, snack foods, fast food secret menus, candy (of course!) and other related news. We love trying “secret menus” at restaurants. And we love trying new products too. So, we are trying to have some fun with our hobby and share some useful information with you, our community. Please feel to send us your suggestions and feedback through the contact form. And if you have products you would like us to try, let us know…!