Last Updated on March 31, 2022 by Jim Edwards
If you are a fan of sweet, sour, and spicy candies, you must have tried Mexican candies like Rockaleta, Chili Rokas, or Paleto Payaso. Locochas, similar to these delectable Mexican candies, is known for its classic hard candy shell with a delicious, spicy center.
The hot and spicy flavor of Locochas is bound to blow your mind the first time you try it. Locochas are available in a variety of traditional Mexican and classic fruity flavors to delight all palates. Every flavor of Locochas is packaged individually in its uniquely colored packet. A large bag of Locochas candy holds 60 pieces of candy that hit the mark of being perfectly sweet and savory.
Children especially love these candies since they are a few spicy Mexican candies with a mouth-watering mild heat in them. The candy’s size is small, and its shape is round, with each piece of the candy able to fit in your hands easily. The exterior of the candy features a sour and sweet hard candy that you can suck on or chew to reach the spicy surprise in the center.
Locochas Candy History
Locochas candies are produced by Dulces Beny Confectionery, established in Guadalajara in Mexico’s state, Jalisco. The company claims that the reason for their pride and success is their consumers’ delightful reviews and positive feedback. Recognized as one of the few companies whose products can delight everyone, Beny Group has introduced many of its candies, including Locochas in many parts of Europe, Asia, and North America as well.
What Does Locochas Candy Taste Like?
Locochas candies come in individually wrapped packets to maintain freshness colored and labeled according to the flavors inside them. These candies are available in various flavors that are fruity, salty, and sweet. When you open up a packet of Locochas, you will see a brightly colored and shiny candy in the shape of a ball.
Locochas candies taste strongly sweet, sour, and a little bit salty as you suck on their hard candy exterior. You will begin to taste wonderful sweet fruity flavors mixed with unique mouth-watering tartness as you reach closer to the center. When the syrupy sweet-and-sour hard exterior melts away, you will taste a lip-smacking spice bomb that cuts through the richness of the candy and offers you an unforgettable zing.
Locochas Different Candy Flavors
Locochas has five different candy flavors that consumers worldwide have enjoyed for years. Some candy flavors are traditionally Mexican, which American consumers find delightfully refreshing, whereas some are the classic fruity flavors that everyone loves trying out. The assorted packet of Locochas contains the following flavors:
- Fresa (Strawberry): For the people who love trying syrupy sweet candy goodness with a dash of acidity, the strawberry Locochas is the perfect choice for them. The strawberry flavor explodes in your mouth with rich sweetness and juiciness that no other flavor can match.
- Mango (Mango): The Mango flavor of Locochas is a favorite of many repeat consumers. The sugary sweetness of mango mixed with a slight tanginess and saltiness in the candy makes a delightful treat that will keep you craving more.
- Sandia (Watermelon): Watermelon Locochas is a delightful flavor that holds the invigorating taste of freshly cut watermelons mixed with a slight tanginess that is guaranteed to brighten up anyone’s sour mood.
- Tamarindo (Tamarind): The tamarind hard candy is one of Locochas’ best flavors that hits the perfect spot between sweet and spicy. The candy’s tartness mixed with the spicy and salty center gives a burst of flavors that will make you go locofor Locochas.
- Chamoy (Pickled Fruit Flavor): Chamoy isa deliciously exceptional pickled fruit flavor with just the right amount of acidity to get your mouth watering. The acidity of the pickled fruit does not disappoint as it mixes with its spicy center to offer you the ultimate spicy and sour candy experience.
Locochas Nutritional Information and Ingredients
The nutritional information for one serving of Locochas (9 g) is given below:
Total Fat: 0 g
Sodium: 100 mg
Carbohydrates: 8 g
Net Carbs: 0 g
Sugars: 6 g
Fiber: 0 g
Protein: 0 g
The ingredients present in Locochas candies are as follows: Sugar, Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Chili, Salt, Artificial Flavor, Artificial Colors (FD&C Red No 40, Yellow No 5), and Soy Lecithin.
Mexican Hard Candies Tomy, Locochas Sabor Tamarindo, Bolonchas Watermelon
Product feature video for Mexican Hard Candies Tomy, Locochas, Sabor Tamarindo, Bolonchas Watermelon.
Locochas – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are Locochas keto-friendly?
Locochas are not keto-friendly candies since they have high carbohydrate content present in them.
How many calories are in Locochas?
There are 35 calories present in each serving of Locochas (9 g).
Where can I buy Locochas candies?
Locochas candies are available in-store and online, depending on your region. If no stores in your vicinity carry Locochas, you can find online stores that will deliver this fantastic candy right at your doorstep.
Be sure to read our Guide to The Best Mexican Candy
I’m Jim Edwards and I started this website to share my love of Junk Food. We cover new junk food, desserts, snack foods, fast food secret menus, candy (of course!) and other related news. We love trying “secret menus” at restaurants. And we love trying new products too. So, we are trying to have some fun with our hobby and share some useful information with you, our community. Please feel to send us your suggestions and feedback through the contact form. And if you have products you would like us to try, let us know…!